Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Taking out engine requires so many tools


Still working on taking out the engine! It requires a lot of tools that I don't have, which requires me to purchase them, including some tools I had to get from Toyota. Waiting for it to come in the mail, specifically engine hooks that bolt onto the engine, and which you attach the chain to. Hopefully those parts will come tomorrow. As of now, the car looks like this. Below is the gas tank. I'm planning on using that area where the gas tank/muffler/cat used to be to store the batteries. There seems to be a lot of space down there! Just not contiguous space (not suitable for lead-acid's), so I'm going with a massively parallel 18650 lithium iron phosphate pack. This should avoid all the safety issues associated with lithium colbalt chemistries.

No comments: